Discover Card Activation Guide :
Received the Discover Card in the mail? If yes then the first thing you need to do is activate it. Activation is necessary to get started with using the card for purchases. You can get your Discover Card activated at its website or use the Discover mobile application.
It is simple to activate your card if you are aware of the bank’s web portal. The user needs to have their card information handy, an internet-connected device, and other few things functional. Read the post below for a step-by-step guide to the Discover Card activation.
Discover Card Overview :
Discover Card is a credit card brand operational in the United States. The cards are issued by the Discover Bank and offer great features to its users. It is the issuer of a wide range of credit card that includes cash back cards, student credit card, travel credit card, secure card, gas and restaurant credit card and even more.
The Discover It Cash Back card is a great one that showers its users with plenty of rewards. Using the card for payment you can get 5% cashback on everyday purchases. Discover Cards are widely accepted as a mode of payment at Amazon.com, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores and departmental stores.
How to Activate Discover Card :
- To begin with the process you need to open the Discover Card activation webpage. discover.com/activate
- As the website opens there is a heading that reads ‘Let’s activate your new card’.
- Now below there are two options namely ‘Without Logging in’ and ‘Log In’.
- If you are a new user select the first option.
- Then enter the following information in the respective boxes:
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of the SSN
- 16 digit card number
- Card expiration date
- Tap ‘Continue’ button below and a new page opens.
- Provide the data required there and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your card.
How to Activate after Logging In :
- To activate your card after logging in open the activation homepage. discover.com/activate
- You will find an activate card section there.
- Select the ‘Login’ option from the two options present at the top.
- Now the system will ask you to sign into your Discover account.
- Provide user id, password and 3 digit sequence ID in the blank spaces there.
- Click ‘Continue’ button and the main activation page opens.
- Enter the details that are required on the new page.
- Follow the prompts next and your Discover Card will be active for use.
Discover Card Customer Service :
General support- 1-800-Discover (1-800-347-2683)
Discover Mobile Application :
The user can download the mobile app of Discover in order to access the card services at their fingertips. You can find the app for Android as well as iOS devices. Simply download it from the App store then install on your smartphone.
This was the end of the article. We hope you have activated your Discover Credit Card without any trouble. To connect with the Discover customer service you can call on the phone number provided above.